Fruit and flower arrangements are like Marmite: you either love them or hate them!
There are two very distinct groups amongst floral designers: I am a member of the first group that incorporates fruit and vegetables into their floral arrangements; these add variety, texture, shape, contrast and interest to the design. The second group only use these for the Harvest Festival arrangements, otherwise for them flowers and fruit combinations are a no-no.
I love using fruit into my floral designs: it provides a talking point and an economical solution for weddings and private parties – clients can use them both as table centrepieces and as favours or even desserts!
Here are some other tried and tested ideas for fruit & flowers designs:
- Dome of velvety Grand Prix roses in a red chili lined glass tank
- Submerged apples in tall glass cylinders
- Bunches of spring flowers in shades of orange and vibrant yellow in lemon-lined tanks
- Table centrepieces with purple hydrangeas and luscious plums
- Autumnal hydrangeas and mini green apples dome – an elegant bridal bouquet